Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blue Spiral of.....?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1234430/Mystery-spiral-blue-light-display-hovers-Norway.html

One of my co-workers told me about this and it's been blowing my mind all day. My mind initially jumps to the more bizarre sort of explanation and scoffs at the idea of a Russian fired rocket. More than anything I wish I could have seen it myself.

The weeks before I started college my dad and I went to Alaska fishing on Kodiak island. It was my first time I more than anything I wanted to see some big ass Kodiak bears and the Northern Lights. Ended up seeing neither. One "night" I stayed up in vain in the hot tub after everyone else had retired. Later I found out the Aurora Borealis is a winter phenomenon.

The stars were amazing.

After I got back South and had settled in to Moscow and all that involved I did get to experience multiple light shows that winter. No bears though.

No comments:

Post a Comment